The Mood & Memory stack is made from naturally occurring nootropics that have been combined to simultaneously enhance your mood & memory. It includes some of the biggest stars in the universe of natural nootropics. These include L-Dopa from mucuna pruriens, bacopa monnieri 20%, phenylethylamine (PEA), l-theanine, and of course caffeine.
L-Dopa helps to keep the brain healthy and happy, while bacopa helps reduce the effects of stress and tension. The PEA component enhances the mood impacts of those while providing additional focus for short term memory. And the l-theanine caffeine portion aids in setting a calm state of alertness. Together these natural nootropics provide a potent boost to mood & memory.
Mechanism of Action
Levodopa (L-Dopa) from the Mucuna plant works to increase brain good feeling levels and to a lesser extent, serotonin. Increasing both of these monoamine neurotransmitters may improve cognitive function. The DA neurotransmitter is related to focus, learning and motivation whilst, serotonin can help to improve mood, memory and promote calmness in some people.
Caffeine is legendary for its ability to increase both altertness and concentration. L-Theanine is a non-dietary amino acid that may have positive effects on cognitive function and anxiety through modulation of neurotransmitters. It has been shown to be especially effective when combined with caffeine, and reduces the negative effects of caffeine.
The last two components of this stack are Phenylethylamine (PEA) and Bacopa Monnieri. PEA is a chemical that naturally occurs within the body and is used to increase focus and attention while reducing stress. Bacopa Monnieri is an Ayurvedic memory enhancer and well-being agent that may also have some neuroprotection benefits as well.
Potential Mood & Memory Benefits
Mood & Memory comes with a plethora of health benefits, which makes it an extremely versatile, stack of naturally occurring nootropics. Here is looking at some of the potential benefits.
- Phenylethylamine aids in boosting a person’s mood. It is important to feel well, and that is better possible if you are mentally happy. Mental happiness can be achieved through the regular consumption of PEA.
- L-DOPA helps in enhancing the release of DA in the brain. DA is responsible for a person’s capacity in remaining happy and can help with staving off anxiety and stress. Although there is limited evidence for the all the outcomes, many studies have shown that it is also possible to reverse the effects of anxiety on the mind to a large extent.
- Phenylethylamine is also credited for assisting in memory formation. It is important to hold on to old memories in order to counteract illnesses of the mind that can occur as one ages. These memories will also help in enhancing the mood and better one’s behavior.
- L-Dopa is said to help those who suffer from restlessness. Restlessness is a condition where a person is constantly anxious and remains rather fidgety. Consuming this supplement can help to some degree by calming the person down.
- The chemical is said to have a positive effect on testosterone and can improve its production in the body. Therefore, it is recommended to males looking to increase their sperm count and enhance their testosterone levels. It is prescribed to people who want to improve their sex life, as the compound is said to improve libido. Regular consumption of this supplement can also help in improving sexual stamina.
- Bacopa has been used to control blood pressure. It is crucial to monitor blood pressure, especially at an old age. One effective way to do so is by consuming Bacopa supplements.
- The main function of the caffeine L-Theanine combination is to induce alertness. Together, they help a person remain alert. It is best to consume the supplements in conjunction, as that enhances its effect on the brain. Although standalone caffeine has similar effects on the mind, in combination with L-Theanine it becomes a lot more potent and is easier to control. L-Theanine has also been linked to increased speed of mental processing.
- The combination of caffeine with l-theanine is said to enhance cognitive behavior. Cognition refers to the learning ability of a person. Learning ability determines a person’s ability to intake a piece of information and put it to use. With regular consumption of the supplements a person can effectively enhance his or her learning ability. Recent scientific work has also linked caffeine to memory enhancement.
- The nootropics used in this stack are known for being high in anti-oxidants. Anti-oxidants fight away free radicals in the body. It thereby helps in enhancing immunity and improving the body’s capacity to fight away illnesses.
Possible Side Effects
While each of the components of Mood & Memory are safe to consume and do not have too many side effects, excessive usage can lead to the following side effects. As always, if side effects are enough to cause discomfort, then stop using the product until you can consult a physician.
- Bacopa and L-DOPA both can cause stomach upsets if overused. It is best to not consume this stack on an empty stomach and try to drink as much water as possible. If bitterness and discomfort persist then, it is best to stop the supplement and consult a physician.
- Excessive use can lead to headaches. You might also feel dizzy if you consume too much without proper control.
- There is the potential for sleeplessness. As most of us know, both caffeine and L-Theanine are capable of keeping the mind alert for a long time; less well understood is that phenylethylamine and L-DOPA also can cause insomnia is overused. This is an stack is designed to calm and enhance alertness, so it is best to consume it early in the day, or if using 2 per day, one in the early morning with the second several hours before bed-time.
- It is best for women who are pregnant or breast feeding to avoid this or any other supplement, as there are no conclusive results to show that it is safe for them to consume.
It is recommended to consume 1 – 2, of the 500 mg Mood & Memory capsules daily to enhance brain health and improve cognition. It is ideal to start with a smaller dose and then increase it as you go.
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.